Workshops for Professionals
Remember your smile offers hope.
THE HEALING HAND: Being Present for The Dying and the Living
Pencil Smile – The importance of facial expression
- Smiling will rewire your brain to think positively. How to smile when you don’t feel like it.
Singer As Healer – Who you are and why you are here
- You are a facilitator of healing, not just a singer. You have a voice to transmit the universal language of music and intuition
Parking Yourself at the Door – Being present, preparing to go into a hospital room
- Breathing techniques
- Centering/letting go
- Connecting to Source
Connecting with the Patient and Family – How to
- Assessing the dynamics
- Physical and spiritual space
- To touch or not to touch – use of hands
- Voice – musical repertoire and prayer
Introducing the 5 discussions – Communicating positive actions
- Making suggestions to the patient and family; taking yourself out of the equation in order to facilitate communication and healing
- See excerpt from “The Healing Hand” for list of 5 discussions
Closure before you leave the hospital room
- Be aware of boundaries
- How may the patient and or family contact you?
- How will you follow up?
- Leave on a positive note, remember your smile offers hope.